How To Connect A Karaoke Microphone To A Computer?
When you go to parties or parks, you can see a group of friends having their small concert using their portable karaoke microphone. And admit it, they are fun to watch as they sing their hearts out and jam with their favorite song. But have you ever wondered how to connect a karaoke microphone to a computer? For sure this has taken your interest. That is why in this article, we will teach you how.
Karaoke Microphone linked to Computer – Easy Steps
You must be very curious now on how to connect a karaoke microphone to a computer. This may be unusual to you but it is possible. And actually, the steps are super easy to follow. So expect a no-sweat installation!
What you need:
- 1/8-inch TS Adapter or TRS connection
- Karaoke Microphone
What to do:
- Get your karaoke microphone.
- Take the plug of your karaoke mic.
- Hold the plug and connect it to the TS adapter.
- Turn on your computer.
- Search for a song.
- Plug the microphone that has an adapter to the port where there is a microphone or headset icon.
- Wait for it to be recognized by the computer.
- Proceed to YouTube.
- Search for your favorite song and enjoy your mini-concert!
Other Mic Options
Now you might be thinking how to connect a karaoke microphone to a computer if your microphone is different. Don’t worry because we have different linking options below.
- USB Microphone – If you have a microphone with a USB plug, don’t worry! Because this is the easiest to connect. All you need is to do is plug it to the USB port of the computer. Then turn it on and wait for it to be recognized. After being recognized by the computer, you can now go to YouTube, search for a song to sing, and enjoy your singing session!
- Karaoke Mic and USB Adapter – This may have blown your mind, but it is possible. If so happened that you have a karaoke microphone but no 1/8-inch jack, cheer up. Because you can use a USB Adapter. All you need to do is turn on your computer. Plug the end of your mic to the USB adapter then plug it to the USB port of your computer. Wait for it to be recognized. Next, search online for your favorite song and enjoy singing! If you don’t have this USB adapter, you can order online. There are many shops online that offers a Pluggable USB audio adapter.
- Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone – Surprise! One of the easiest solutions in linking the microphone to your computer is with the use of Bluetooth Mic. Turn on your Bluetooth microphone. Activate the Bluetooth of your computer. Pair both connections. Once your microphone is recognized, you can start singing!
Singing is one of the best ways to relieve stress. That is why many people use different ways to enjoy it. Some use their phone while some use their computer. And now that you already know how to connect a karaoke microphone to a computer, you too can enjoy this at home with less setup requirements!