How To Make A Speaker Into A Microphone: Transformation 101
Do you have an old speaker that just sits in the corner of your house? Well, take your time to grab a pen and paper to take note of the important details that this article will show you. Check out down below how to make a speaker into a microphone by following few easy steps. Start saying goodbye to your old and boring speaker and say hello to your future DIY microphone.
Why is it Possible to Turn Speaker into a Microphone?
You might be scratching your head right now because you are confused about how to make a speaker into a microphone when the two look opposite. But actually, the physics that works behind those two objects is almost the same. This article is pretty interesting for people who are very curious if this thing will actually work. That is why converting a speaker into a microphone can be entirely possible to do.
It’s amazing, right? By just doing a few little modifications, you’ll have a new microphone out of an unused speaker. To understand better the concept of this DIY, make sure to check out the next part of this article that will tackle how to make a speaker into a microphone in a way that’s easier than you think.
Convert Your Speaker into a Full Blast Mic
Are you ready to give your speaker a cool transformation? Then, digest all the steps provided below on how to make a speaker into a microphone without spending a dime.
- Carefully remove the bass speaker from your speaker device. To do this, you have to unscrew it from the main body. This will allow you to remove the cone.
- After you completely take the cone off, you will then notice that there is a red and black colored wire attached to the removed cone. Cut off the two wires from the wall of the speaker.
- The next thing to do is to attach your speaker into a mic cable.
- To test the functionality of your DIY microphone, plug it to another external device – an amplifier or just any device that will allow you to record anything. Confirm that your microphone speaker is doing its job by tapping on it or by making any sound.
- Put it in a place that’s easily accessible whenever you plan to use it or to record anything. You can build a stand for it using an unused tripod or anything that will hold it in place.
- Finally, you can now use your newly made DIY microphone out of an old speaker. You can record stuff with it and just enjoy the product that your hands have made.
That’s how to make a speaker into a microphone! It’s easy, simple, time-efficient, and will cost you zero bucks. You just have to be creative and patient enough when doing it. Enjoy a good recording experience with this cool DIY transformation.