What Is A Dynamic Microphone? – What You Need To Know
If you are into sound and music, you are most likely to hear the term, Dynamic Microphone. As a newbie, it is important for you to know the different sound equipment as you continue to take the path of sound and music recording. So, what is a dynamic microphone?
What is a Dynamic Microphone?
Learning new hobbies requires educating yourself on what are the things that you might encounter as you go along the road of progress. In your case, you’re here to grasp knowledge about one of the things that excite a music lover like you – a dynamic microphone.
- In simple terms, this microphone has the ability to convert captured sounds into a current or electrical energy using the science of electromagnetism.
- What is a dynamic microphone? It is sometimes called “moving coil” microphone. This type of microphone is designed and engineered to have a coil inside that moves and vibrates whenever a sound wave passes through it. This vibration then causes the sound waves to be transformed into electrical energy.
- The dynamic microphone is best used for concerts. This type of mic is a beast in capturing loud sounds and boost the quality of the sound captured. This is recommended to use when recording drums and when singing at live concerts especially if you have a bigger crowd.
Comparison between Dynamic and Condenser Microphone
Now that you know what a dynamic microphone is, it’s time that you learn how it differs from the other types of microphone. One type of microphone that also gets the attention of musicians and sound enthusiasts is a condenser microphone. What is the key difference between the two?
- The main thing that separates a dynamic microphone from a condenser microphone is its quality in capturing sounds.
- It is proven that a dynamic microphone is more superior when it comes to capturing loud and powerful sounds. You can see dynamic microphones being used by vocal artists during live concerts.
- Dynamic microphones are also the ones being used in recording rock song because of their great power to capture the loud sound of drums and electric guitars.
- On the other hand, a condenser microphone captures less loud sounds and is great for recording high-frequency sounds.
- Dynamic microphones are more convenient to use because they do not need a power source to function which is opposite to a condenser microphone.
- And for the price, a dynamic microphone is less expensive than a condenser microphone.
- Dynamic microphones have less advanced design compared to condenser microphones but are surely more durable. They can withstand long hours of capturing loud and beast sounds.
Now that you have a little background on what a dynamic microphone is, be inspired to continue learning about other sound equipment. Even if you are just starting out with your music career, it’s still never too late to educate yourself on the various stuff that you are yet to learn.