What Microphones Are Used On The Voice TV Show
Do you ever wonder what microphones are used on The Voice TV show as well as other live performances? Live performance in front of big audiences requires an excellent kind of microphone and playback chain. And with the variety of microphone brands sold in the market, how do you choose which one to get?
Types Of Microphone
Learn about the two types of microphones for you to know what microphones are used on The Voice tv show and other live performances.
- Dynamic Microphones - These are the most common type of microphone. They are compatible with a lot of applications. Dynamic mics are inexpensive and mostly come in small sizes like your cell phone and big sizes like the studio microphones. They are said to be long-lasting and work very well with a noisy background. They have the ability to isolate your voice, making them perfect to use in live performances. They also do not need any power supply. That is why they are commonly used for outdoor recordings.
- Condenser Microphones - These are the type of microphones that are meant for studio use. They are more sensitive compared to dynamic mics. They also need a power supply, which is why they are more commonly used for voice recording indoors. You need to be careful with your background noises when using this type of microphone.
- Ribbon Microphones - These are delicate and expensive microphones. As they are super sensitive, you will have to handle them with extra care and use them on softer sounds only. These microphones are ideal for choirs, piano, strings, and woodwind. Cascade Fathead and the Royer R-121 are some of the most famous examples of ribbon mics.
Factors To Consider When Choosing A Mic For Live Performances
Here are some factors you may want to consider when you choose what microphone to buy for live performances.
- Budget - There are a lot of microphone brands with different price points. Identify your budget range to narrow your options, thus easier to choose the brand and quality of microphone you should be getting.
- Microphone type - Dynamic microphone is the most common mic being used for live performances due to its ability to handle higher Sound Pressure Level. However, although it is rare, there are some who now use condenser mics as well.
- Performance type - You will have to identify the kind of performance you will be using the microphone.
- Go wireless or not - You should also decide whether you want a wireless microphone or wired microphone. A wireless microphone is ideal, especially for live performances where performers are constantly moving. But if you want to go for wired ones, it's still going to work.
What microphones are used on the voice tv show will most likely be dynamic microphones. Since this is the type of microphone that is commonly used in live performances as it doesn't have that sensitivity to background noise, unlike condenser microphone.